Maharashtra is known to celebrate the festivals in passion and Ganesh Chaturthi, or some call it as Vinayaka Chaturthi, is the one that electrifies their enthusiasm into dwelling devotion and delight. Come September 17, Mumbai and other parts of Maharashtra will see a deluge of people visiting from various parts of India.
The financial capital of India, Mumbai, will halt for some days to celebrate the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi. RailYatri estimates that traffic to Mumbai will increase by 51.7% over the last year on the eve of Ganesh Chaturthi. This year, Indian Railways have already made some special arrangements to overcome the rush and to get maximum people to their desired destinations.
Special Arrangements for the Occasion
10 additional General Second class coaches will be added in some trains to Mumbai. 2 extra coaches (one of the special coaches will be added from Thane and another half coach from Panvel, situated first from the engine) each will be added to the below given list of trains on the eve of the Ganpati Festival.
- 01001 – Mumbai CST – Madgaon Ganpati Special: This train will run six days a week barring Thursdays. The train will be operational from September 11 – 29. The train will commence its journey from Mumbai CST at 12:20 midnight.
- 01033 – Mumbai CST – Madgaon Ganpati Special: This is a weekly special train that will run on every Thursday at 12:20 midnight from Mumbai CST. The train will be operational from September 10-October 1.
- 01095 – Dadar – Sawantwadi Road Ganpati Special: A tri-weekly special train that will leave Dadar at 7:50 AM from Dadar station on Sundays, Tuesdays and Fridays. The services of this special train will be available from September 10-29.
- 01005 – Mumbai LTT – Madgaon Ganpati Special: The train will run six days a week, barring Thursday, from Mumbai LTT at 12:55 midnight. The train will be operational from September 8-28.
- 01025 – Mumbai LTT – Karmali Ganpati Special: This special train will leave daily from Mumbai LTT at 5:30 AM from September 8-28.
Hope these special coaches can ease some of the travelling stresses for passengers during Ganesh Chaturthi.