We will continually keep you up-to-date regarding the current outbreak of coronavirus disease, also known as COVID-19. We will also keep you informed about the many initiatives we are taking up as a brand to battle this tough situation!
Understanding COVID -19 and its impact
- Government updates & important information
- Brand precautions & safety measures taken by us
- Some handy tips to keep you safe and infection-free!
Understanding COVID -19 and its impact
It paints a spooky picture each time we talk about the CoronaVirus (COVID-19). The travel & tourism sector has been impacted globally due to the outbreak of the virus. Against a backdrop of travel restrictions being introduced by the Government, IntrCity by RailYatri understands the importance of dialogue and cooperation with our customers in terms of safety. We emphasize on COVID-19 as a challenge and an opportunity to show how solidarity can go beyond borders.
We have always been at the center of providing essential and quality travel services and would like to assure you that our priority is to protect the safety of our customers and our own employees.
Government updates & important information
Meanwhile, as we continue to have dedicated teams, working effortlessly behind the scenes monitoring the fast-evolving situation very closely. We commit to follow the latest guidelines from the Government and Public Health Authorities of India.
- The Government has announced ‘ India Stays Indoors’ – a complete 21-day lockdown, effective from March 25, 2020.
- All public transport services like- bus, railway trains, and metros will be shut down with respect to the lockdown and preventing the spread of CoronaVirus till 14th April.
- There is “absolutely no need to panic”, center and states are working to ensure that essential supplies are not disrupted.
- We urge everyone to follow the advice from Public Health Authorities. Protect yourself, stay home, and away from others – as this is the only solution to the battle we all are fighting.
- For the safety and well-being of everyone, here are the important resources: Ministry of Health & Family Welfare or Helpline number for CoronaVirus – +91-11-23978046
- Please visit the WHO, for detailed information on the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- We will continue to adopt further recommendations or advice from the Government and introduce any additional measures that are required.
- We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our customers for maintaining their calm and being understanding during an uncertain time like this.
Brand precautions & safety measures taken by us
IntrCity by RailYatri Stands By You!
As a brand, We have always committed to provide bus travellers a safe, hygienic and memorable travel experience. Right from ensuring all our buses are super clean and have attached hygienic washrooms – we have left no stone unturned to offer the best travel experience. Currently all our buses have halted their service and we sincerely hope that things come back to normalcy soon. Till then, we wish you good health and advise all you to stay indoors!
Once the situations are conducive, we will get back to serving you with a quality, safe and hygienic travel experience as always. From santised, clean buses, safe and hygienic boarding lounges to fresh linen and blankets, our crew ensures the highest hygiene standards.
All the refunds will be auto-initiated for the bookings with the departure date between 22nd March – 14th April, travellers can reach out to us on our customer care email id: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Train ticket booking and food delivery on the train will be in action soon!
As per the current mandate all trains have been cancelled till 14th April. All the refunds will be auto-initiated for the bookings made between the travel dates of 22nd March to 14th April,, please don’t cancel tickets yourself. Refunds initiated will take 7-10 working days to reflect in the account. Would request all travelers to remain calm as we are working to aid all bookings as soon as possible.
Once the trains resume, you can once again count on our flawless train ticket booking experience and hygienic food quality. Travellers can feel free to reach out to us on the below give customer care email ids:
For train bookings- firstname.lastname@example.org
For food orders- email@example.com
Here are some handy tips to keep you safe and infection-free!
Cover your mouth and nose while sneezing, with a tissue or your elbow
Always carry a handkerchief or a pack of tissues with you.
Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or sanitiser
Avoid any kind of public gathering, practise social distancing as a thumb rule!
Putting People First – FAQs
Below are some questions which are being frequently asked by our customers
Q1. What is CoronaVirus? And how does it spread?
Ans. Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness. The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes, so it’s important that you also practice respiratory etiquette (for example, by coughing into a flexed elbow).
Q2. Are there any measures I can adopt to stop the spread of COVID-19?
Ans. As advised by the public health authorities, here are some simple steps to help stop the spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds after every activity. Use sanitizer to keep your hands clean at all times as it helps kill germs effectively.
- Use a tissue for coughs/sneezes. Throw it in a bin after use.
- Do not touch your mouth, nose, eyes or anyone else with unwashed hands.
- Maintain social distancing. Or avoid getting in contact with unwell people.
- If you witness someone coughing – advise them to wear a face mask and consult a doctor immediately.
Q3. Can I continue to travel in this current situation?
Ans. As per the Government orders, all bus services across the country have been shut down due to the 21-day lockdown till 14th April 2020. We are sure you can understand, during this difficult time, we are constantly monitoring the Government guidelines on social distancing and non-essential travel for the safety of both our customers and employees. You must stay away from public spaces and public transports until further notice.
Q4. How safe are IntrCity buses post-COVID-19?
Ans. We understand your fears and concerns that may trouble you even after the end of the current pandemic. But worry not! IntrCity buses have always been known for their active hygiene practices. Our buses follow a 12 pointer cleanliness check and each passenger is welcomed on board with – fresh blankets, clean sleeper seats, fresh linen, attached washroom and more.
Q5. What measures have you implemented if the virus continues to spread?
Ans. Our priority is the safety of our customers and travelers. We have a team that is working dedicatedly behind the scenes to perform best alongside Government orders and advice. IntrCity will continue to adopt steps suggested by the public health authorities.
Q6. Is it safe to travel in India?
And. Government authorities have announced multiple safety & prevention guidelines. Railways, metros & bus services have been put at a halt. However, for the welfare of all citizens and to help stop the spread of Coronavirus, it is advised for everyone to maintain social distance and avoid using any public transportation. If you are planning to travel in the coming few days or weeks, please take all Government suggested measures to safeguard yourself against infection.
Q7. I was traveling earlier, and I feel slightly unwell. Have I caught COVID-19? What do I do?
Ans. First and foremost, seek treatment. There are 24/7 medical emergency teams available who direct you to appropriate care. Limit your contact with the other person, wear face mask and gloves to prevent spreading, wash your hands thoroughly & regularly. Reach out to the 24X7 government Helpline Number Toll free: +91-11-23978046 or 1075
If you have any further queries, please reach out to us. We will be happy to help. We will get through this together. Please take care of yourself and your loved ones!