Does the unique music beat of the train also excite you too? I love travelling by train since it’s a wonderful association with leisure, adventure, family and most importantly it’s just not a matter of destination.
When I talk about the bliss of nature’s experience from trains, my mind instantly jumps to the beautiful “Green route” that cuts through the picturesque Western Ghats. There are surely many different railway routes in India which are splendid to say the least, yet a train journey from Yesvantpur or Bangalore to Mangalore takes everyone by surprise and this shortest of journey is sure to become a part of individual memories.
• Fascination begins from Mandya: Starting from Yesvantpur or either from Bangalore railway station is the first awe-struck sight begins when the train passes by the sugar city of Mandya giving a view of endless fields and a far sight of famous Yoga Narasimha temple.
• The vividness of Mysore on wheels: The train chugging at its speed reaches Mysore which is the cultural capital of Karnataka. The abundance of vivacity and cultural rich sights are a treat to watch.
• Clattering through peaceful Holenarasipura: This station in Hassan comes after K.R. Nagar. Going besides the water reservoir across river Hemavathi gives a pleasure and peace to view migratory birds playing on the surface of river amidst the lush green environment.
• Romanticism of Sakleshpur: This scenic spot lies in the Malnad region of Western Ghats. The view of huge coffee estates and greens in abundance will instantly touch your hearts. This is actually the best stretch of the whole journey where the train passes through 57 tunnels and misty mountains and waterfalls.
• The spectacular Western Ghats: A peep through the steep valleys, green, mud brown, wavy mountains, floating clouds and that breezing air! Aah! What more bliss could you ask through the train!
• A GREEN pass through: The train even passes through the green villages of Bantwal and Puttur and before you reach Mangalore station I am sure you could not have let go off a single view uncaptured in your camera.
Tip: To experience the best of this journey, take a ride from Bangalore City – Karwar Express or Yesvantpur- Karwar Express.
Truly said, there is nothing that can beat the beauty of nature and it becomes a visual treat when experienced with the thrill of a train journey. So Don’t Miss it!