By Uditi Gupta
“As long as there is coffee in the world, how bad could things be?”
– Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes
Being a coffee lover myself, I can see why that comes true. And throw in a few books, there isn’t a better place to spend some time in leisure. For me, a cup of steaming coffee with a book in a small cozy cafe works like therapy. So, today I present before you 4 must-try cafes in Navi Mumbai.
70 Beans, Sanpada
This classy and little cafe has a comfy feel to it. The ambiance itself calls out to you. The bean bags and the couches in the corner seem to reflect the added coziness of this amazing cafe. With a constantly worked upon expansive menu, an ensemble playlist, a few board games, and a pool table by the corner – this cafe never fails to win hearts. The 70 Beans Cafe also hosts some incredible live music gigs, laugh-till-you-die standup comedy acts, and my personal favorite – book launches every now and then.
- Recommended Dishes: Chicken sausages sizzler in garlic pepper sauce, baked beans on toast, smashed crispy baby potatoes in creamy barbecue sauce, crispy chicken strips, and cheese omelets with toast (glazed mushrooms / shredded chicken).
- Address: Shop No.8 &9, Vasundhara Heights, Plot 5, Sector 11, Sanpada
Roasted Beans Cafe, C.B.D. Belapur
This is a relatively new cafe in Belapur. Just next to the famous pub street, Roasted Beans Cafe lies in a very serene yet happening place. The ambiance itself will delight you. The bricked walls are adorned with framed art of usual cafe scenes. There are low hanging yellow bulbs on the ceiling. The entire architecture is given a slightly wooden touch with French style windows. There is upper and lower seating areas with small round coffee tables and a long wooden table by the wall. Live sports screening and music gigs are performed at this café.
- Recommended Dishes: The Aphrodite, Turkish pizza, Papas ala huaincaina, Brownie extravaganza, Blackcurrant smoothie, Gallo Pinto, and Sayadieh
- Address: Sector 15, CBD Belapur
- Special Advice: Pre-booking is recommended during sports events as the place is heavily crowded during such times.
Tea Trails, Seawoods
This wonderful little cafe is for all the teetotalers out there. ‘Chai’ is probably the first word that most people in India speak in the morning. India has the second largest production of tea and millions of Indians consume tea multiple times a day. Tea Trails celebrates this bonding of Indians with tea. It serves the finest quality of tea. Situated in Seawoods and many other areas of Mumbai, Tea Trails serves all the must try varieties of tea and the food that perfectly complements each variety. Allow me to call it one-stop-shop for every tea-fanatic at affordable prices.
- Recommended Tea/Food: Kulhad chai with Onion Pakodas, Silver needle tea, Smoky Chinese Lapsang Souchang tea, Oolong tea, Red Zen and Mango bubble tea
- Address: Shop no. 31 Shreeji Heights Plot no 1A B & C Sect 46 Sewoods (W)
Cafe Monza, Kharghar
Known for its continental cuisine, Cafe Monza is another popular cafe in town. It’s quaint architecture and strategic location serves well to attract all the coffee lovers and the foodies. The wall art adds to its charm and the furniture is just too elegant to handle. Even with buzzing customers, Cafe Monza has an eclectic warm ambiance.
- Recommended Dish: Penne Arabiata
- Address: Shop No. 15, Bhoomi Heights, Sector – 8, Kharghar
Merry time sipping!
ALSO READ: Mumbai street food, Authentic Maharastrian Thali