Single or married, young or old, professional or homemaker, retired women or empty nesters – women are increasingly choosing to discover the big world on their own. Today, it is not uncommon to see groups of women, shoot rapids by the day and spend evenings singing or storytelling around campfires. So, this Women’s Day, we urge every woman to head out for the quick getaways and fill your life with new travel tales and adventures.
This desert town, with a rich royal history, has got lots in store, exciting the traveller in you. If you are looking for scopes beyond the Camel Safari, then you are probably thinking like a tourist! With its fabulous forts and mazes of alleyways, Jaisalmer is a fun city to explore and daydream.
- Tourist attractions: Explore the city visiting intricately carved Havelis. Take some time out for fun in the sand with Camel Safari and Dune Bashing. Experience the history of the city with trips to the forts.
- Must Taste: Try Bhaang Lassis, Dal Bati Churma, Gatte ki Sabzi and Makhania Lassi
- Shopping: Buy some braided leather bracelets, handicrafts, antique jewellery and hand-weaved shoes (from Sadar Bazaar, Pansari Bazar and Manak Chowk).
- Tip: Jaisalmer is 700 KM away from Delhi and a road trip takes approximately 10 hours. Best way to reach this town is by a bus or train
This summer head out for the pristine hillside town of Almora. Nestled in the lap of Himalayas and surrounded by the snow-clad peaks, this mist filled beauty would give you ideal scopes to relax and indulge in viewing the beauty of nature. Explore, wander and discover every bit of this Uttarakhand beauty.
- Tourist attractions: Chitai Golu Devta Temple, stroll through Bright End Corner, experience village life at Kalimat, Nanda Devi Temple, Martola & Simtola.
- Must Taste: Pahadi Chocolate, Bal-Mithai, Khumani, Karaunda and Singhaudi (at and around Mall Road).
- Shopping: Buy local utensils, clothes(warm and hand-knitted sweaters), spices and sweets (from Lala Bazar, Malli Bazar and Thana Bazar).
- Tip: Almora is 360 KM away from Delhi and a road trip takes approximately 8 hours. A bus journey to Almora is really remarkable.
Small and beautiful towns of Himachal are popular choices for peaceful weekend getaways from Delhi. And Nahan, lying in the Sirmaur district of Himachal Pradesh, is an ideal escape from the busy affairs of everyday life. Unlike some of its popular counterparts (such as Kasauli, Kasol, Dharamshala, Manali), Nahan remains less crowded, more peaceful and full of scopes for the travellers.
- Tourist attractions: Renuka Lake, Parshuram Tal, Jamu Peak, Sukketi Fossil Park, Jataun Dam. Short treks and walks in the surrounding hills are refreshing experiences.
- Must Taste: Auriya Kaddoo, Mash Daal and Sidu sandwiches (made out of local bread)
- Shopping: Buy some colourful shawls, rugs, carpets and souvenirs (from Mall Road and Chaugan Market).
- Tip: Nahan is 250 KM away from Delhi and a road trip takes approximately 6 hours. Bus journeys through the valleys, winding roads makes the journey memorable.
This is a nature enthusiast’s paradise, adventure seeker’s trove or a secret solo getaway. Munnar boasts of breathtaking landscapes and fits the bill for any type of holiday. From taking a stroll amidst the tea estates to trying your hand at adventure sports, camping in the wilderness to witnessing artistic performances, there are oodles of things to do in Munnar. No matter which season it is, Munnar’s cram and mesmerising beauty will fulfill your soul to the brim!
- Tourist attractions: Tea Plantation Museum, Eravikulam National Park, Kundala Lake, Attukad Waterfalls, Elephant Lake, Blossom International Park. Also, plan a short trek to Anamudi Peak (highest peak in South India) in Devikulam.
- Must Taste: Kairali thali, Idiyappam with vegetable stew (an ideal breakfast item), Malabar Parotta, Rice with Fish.
- Shopping: Souvenirs, handmade collections, postcards, tea and spices (at Marakkar Shopping Centre).
- Tip: Munnar is 459 KM away and a road trip from Bangalore takes approximately 9 hours. As the nearest railway station at Aluva is about 111 KM away, so bus trips are ideal to reach this scenic hill station.
Gokarna is one of those low-key and chilled out places ideal for travellers seeking to tread the off-beat path. Filled with various adventurous scopes, land and water sporting activities, Gokarna will bring out the adventurer in you. This is an enthusiastic, serene and blissful retreat for all women out there!
- Adventure Activities: Beach Trekking (at Kumta Beach, Gokarna beach, Paradise Beach and Om beach), Temple trekking (at Bhadrakali Temple, Maha Ganpati Temple, Aadi Gokarneshwara temple), Parasailing, Snorkelling and Kayaking (at Om Beach) and bird watching.
- Tourist attractions: Dandeli, Yana and Karwar
- Must Taste: Israeli bread, Italian Pastas
- Shopping: Buy some colourful bags and trinkets from shops around the beaches.
- Tip: Gokarna is 485 KM away from Bangalore and a road trip takes approximately 10 hours. The roads that lead to Gokarna are beautiful and ideally, bus trips should be taken to reach the destination.
“The land of the Lost”, Hampi is a small town in Karnataka decorated with many ruins from the glorious Vijayanagara kingdom. Hampi has a special ‘something’ which makes it an important religious centre housing the famous Virupaksha Temple. Hampi, for some, is the stark beauty of igneous rock formations that dominate the landscape while for others it is a different sense of time, a disconnection from the hustle and bustle of modern India. All in all, it is a place where mythology and archaeology go hand in hand!
- Tourist attractions: Virupaksha Temple, Vitthala Temple, Hazara Temple Complex and Gejjala Mantapa.
- Must Taste: Delight your taste buds with some typical South-Indian meals like Idli-Dosa, Tali and scrumptious pancakes.
- Tip: Hampi is a 350 KM away from Bangalore and a road trip takes approximately 6 hours. A bus trip from Bangalore takes you through changing landscapes and is an ideal way to reach this historical city.
The word ‘Hazaribagh’ literally means a place dotted with thousand gardens. This district is located on the Chota Nagpur plateau of Jharkhand. Nestled amidst the lush green dense forest, Hazaribagh will amaze you with its scenic natural beauty and exotic flora and fauna.
- Adventure Activities: Trek and experience breathtaking views of the Parasnath Hills. Engage in some exhilarating water sports at Tourist Complex near Tilaiya Dam.
- Tourist Attractions: Rajarappa temple and Tilaiya Dam, Hari Har Dham.
- Must Taste: Bada, Aloo Chop, Matka Kulfi or Mal Puaa.
- Tip: Situated 330 KM away from Kolkata, there are many direct buses from Ranchi and Kolkata to Hazaribagh.
Lying on the eastern coastline of India, Paradip is a major port of the country. An estuary of river Mahanadi, its pristine beaches and the lush green forests make the place a picturesque destination. Paradip is a place where one can romance with nature and women travellers are sure to like the ambience of this destination.
- Tourist attractions: Paradip Port, Jharkad Temple, Bhitarkanika National Park and Gahirmatha Beach.
- Must Taste: Prawns, Fish Fry, Naariyal Paani (Coconut Water) and Dry Fish.
- Shopping: Seashell jewellery and souvenirs.
- Tip: Situated 451 KM away from Kolkata, the 7-hour long bus trip to Paradip takes you through beautiful roads stretched across the coastline.
3.Gangtok via Siliguri
Gangtok has and will always remain an alluring charm for the travel lovers. It is the pride of the hill state of Sikkim and sees an influx of thousands of tourists during this season. The ideal weather, serene beauty and lush green forests make your visit to Gangtok enjoyable.
- Tourist attractions: Enchey Monastery, Tibetology Museum, Rumtek Monastery, Nathu La Pass and Khangchendzonga National Park(UNESCO Heritage). Also, plan a visit to Rabdentse ruins.
- Must Taste: Food from Tibetan and Mongolian cuisines. As an add-on savouring onto ice-creams in the chilly weather of the city, is an another delight.
- Shopping: The best place to shop is at the M.G. Marg, which is the most happening place in the city.
- Tip: Gangtok can be reached only by road trips from New Jalpaiguri railway station. So, we would advise you to take one of our luxurious buses to Gangtok.
If you are looking to spend some time under the sun, take a break and head out for an exciting trip to South Goa. Apart from the great beaches, Madgaon has many Portuguese era monuments. So, pack your bags and head out to Goa and witness its stunning beauty.
- Tourist attractions: Aguada Fort, Vagatore Beach, Anjuna Beach, Sequerim Beach and Saligao Church.
- Must Taste: Try out food from Goan cuisine. Also, try the local spirit known as ‘Feni’.
- Shopping: Buy local crafts made from bamboo, straw or grass, woodwork and pottery (from MMC Market).
- Tip: Goa is situated 600 KM away from Mumbai and we have many luxurious buses running in this beautiful route.
Nestled at the foot of Sahyadri Mountain range, there are numerous enchanting places in the quiet mystical Mahabaleshwar. This was a colonial era summer capital of Bombay and ever since those days has gained a repute for being one of the best hill stations in the area. Nature lovers can’t have enough of Mahabaleshwar.
- Tourist attractions: Mahabaleshwar Temple, Pratapgarh Fort, Venna Lake, Arthur’s Seat, Chinaman Falls, Mapro Gardens, Tapola and Parsi Point.
- Must Taste: Strawberries, Mulberries, Strawberry Cream and Corn Pattice.
- Shopping: Buy some leather goods, tribal art pieces, chhadi(walking stick), strawberries, jams and jellies.
- Tip: Buses from Mumbai can reach you to Mahabaleshwar within 5 hours and they should be the preferred transport option for your trip.
A tranquil hamlet in the Malvan region of Maharashtra, Tarkarli can easily soothe your mind and relax your soul. The peace and tranquillity that exists in this charming village is a unique and unmatchable in its own way. If you are in search of some “me” time, this is the ideal getaway for you.
- Adventure Activities: Snorkelling, Scuba Diving, Parasailing, Dolphin Spotting.
- Tourist Attractions: Sindhudurg Fort, Bison National Park. Just sit back and enjoy the mesmerising sunset.
- Must Taste: Sol Kadhi, Aamras, Kombadi Vada.
- Shopping: Cashew nuts, seashells, aam papad and wadis.
- Tip: The most convenient way to reach Tarkarli is by taking a 9-hour bus journey from Mumbai. We have many bus services on this route.
So, women, are you all set for a relaxing holiday?