National RailYatri Alert System (NRAS) is a Travel Information & Advisory Alerting platform tailored to the needs of RailYatris across the nation who use Indian Railways as their mode of transportation. This alerting system is designed to deliver to the users of Indian Railways, critical travel-related alerts which are customized to their individual location/s, route/s, or train/s of interest.
Consider the following as you plan to take a trip using Indian Railways –
- Every day more than 80-100 important alerts/announcements are issued which can impact train travel to more than 1000 locations across the country.
- There is more than 80% probability that an important alert/notification issued by Indian Railways or similar authorities will never reach you in time, if it does reach you at all. (why?)
- More than 90% of alerts/notifications/announcements issued at a national level may not be relevant to your location of interest.
- Announcements/Alerts on a Railway Network are driven more from individual headquarters (more than 25 of those exist in India),whereas travelers like you are interested in what it means to your location or your route.
- Your cost of travel can increase by a whopping 50% or more due to a lack of knowledge or access to proper alerting/notification mechanism.
Two simple things can make your railway travel more efficient – (1) Knowing what to do when you receive an important travel alert/notification associated with your location or route of interest, and (2) Having a reliable tool that alerts you immediately about the same wherever you are. NRAS should be the primary tool in your preparedness plan.
Note that NRAS provides you important train travel-related alerts across more than 8000 locations and trains. (Read more about features of NRAS here)
Download RailYatri app.